Course Authorization Forms
If you do not meet the course pre-requisites for an EDS course, please use the Preauthorization System to request enrollment authorization.
Winter 2018 Placement Forms
- EDS 39 - Science & Math Teaching
- EDS 128A/139 - Intro to Multiple Subject Teaching & Learning
- EDS 129B/139 - Intro to Single Subject Teaching & Learning
- EDS 130/139 - Elementary School Mentoring
- EDS 136/139 - Middle/High School Tutoring
- EDS 137/139 - Artsbridge
- EDS 139 - Continuing PAL students only
- EDS 140/139 - PAL Action Research
- Background Check Form for EDS 130, 131, and 137
How to Register for an EDS Practicum Course
Since EDS practicum courses place UC San Diego students in the community, extra information is required
- You will need to fill out a placement form and receive authorization to register for any of the following courses: EDS 39, 128A/B, 129A/B/C, 130, 131, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, and 141
- EDS 130, 131, & 137 also require the Mandatory Background Check Form, which needs to be submitted to Emmeline Domingo in EDS, PCH 306
- Students who have previously taken EDS practicum courses and did not receiving passing grades will NOT be provided placements.
- Authorization to enroll will be provided within 1-2 business days
- After you are authorized, you can login to WebReg and register for the course
- In addition, all practicum courses require a 2-credit co-requisite course, EDS 139
- You must register for the EDS 139 section that has the same instructor as your practicum course
- A TB Test is also required. Test results need to be brought to class on the first day.
- This test can be completed at the Student Health Center.